PPC is short for Pay-per-click which is a form of paid advertising online. PPC advertising can be extremely effective in terms of achieving instant and highly targeted traffic to your website. Otherwise website owners would rely on organic search to attain traffic from search engines specifically. A main element of PPC advertising is that you only pay when someone clicks on your ad. All the main search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo have PPC offerings and you can also set up paid campaigns on the social networks like Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
While there is no doubt that PPC advertising is a really fast way of driving targeted traffic to your website, without constant monitoring and refinement it can actually end up losing you money. Due to some advertisers over reliance on it, we have seen the cost per click rise and rise in many areas which, depending on your average sale can mean that even with positive conversions the exercise might not be making economic sense.
• Set up a well structured and tidy campaign
• Develop keyword rich copy for the ad groups
• Monitor the effectiveness of campaigns
• Vary ad text to see if it has a positive/negative impact
• Provide transparent reporting on all PPC Advertising campaigns